Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Sick Woman

I had known for a long time that I was not worth much. I wasn’t worth the dust off a man’s sandals but when He passed me by I just couldn’t resist. I knew He could heal me and yet I wasn’t worthy of His healing. I kept telling myself no and yet I wasn’t listening. The battle raging inside me, along with the pain, which was now my constant companion, caused tears to race down my cheeks. My hand reached out of it’s own accord. My fingertips brushed the ragged, worn edge of his robe. Nothing happened. He turned to me and said, “Take heart daughter, your faith has healed you.” And from that moment on, I was healed.
Another Bible Story. This one is in the New Testament. I don't remember exactly which book, either Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John or maybe multiple.

No comments:

Post a Comment